When it came time to pick out wedding favors, one of the first things I thought of was that I wanted it to be either useful or edible. Out of all the weddings I have been to, those are the most memorable to me. The first idea we had was to have beer pint glasses made with our name and date on them. The more we thought about it, we thought it kind of weird for all of our friends and family to drink out of glasses with our name and wedding date. Plus it would be expensive for a large wedding.
The next idea was to have an edible favor and we decided to go with our favorite snacks. Ryan’s favorite snack is peanuts and mine is Swedish fish.
We stuffed little zip lock baggies (we probably looked like drug dealers with all the little baggies we bought) with either nuts or Swedish fish and then topped it with a piece of cardstock that had had been printed with a cartoon graphic of Ryan and I on the front and on the back was a fun fact. (Sorry for the run on sentence).
Back view of the favors and of course we stuck with our wedding colors of pink and green. Thanks for the photos @stovewithahouse
We had 32 Fun Facts about us so there were many fun facts going around. Some tables might have had repeat fun facts, while others might have had all different ones.
Here are the Fun Facts we came up with.
- Jess and Ryan both dislike tomatoes
- Jess and Ryan are obsessed with anything pumpkin flavored
- Jess and Ryan love to run but we hope you already knew that.
- Between the two of them they have completed 18 marathons
- Jess and Ryan’s first date happened because of a pumpkin taco special they both wanted at Deagan’s.
- Jess and Ryan both play musical instruments. Good luck guessing which ones.
- On Jess and Ryan’s 1st date, Jess had no idea that Ryan texted the owner & asked for a romantic window table.
- Ryan has a box of ghostbusters in the basement. Jess has a box of my little ponies and several boxes of Barbie’s.
- Ryan and Jess both love buffalo chicken everything. This is how Jess tricked Ryan into thinking she can cook.
- Ryan hates to fly over water but they are honeymooning in the Bahamas anyways.
- Jess taught Ryan how to hard boil eggs. They now have hard boiled eggs in the fridge at all times.
- When Ryan proposed, Jess cried and he thought she was going to say no.
- Together, Jess and Ryan go through about 16 pairs of running shoes a year.
- When Jess and Ryan met, Jess thought Ryan was older, like 30s. Today Ryan is only 28
- Jess has no middle name. Ryan’s is Jeffrey. After his uncle.
- Jess and Ryan both love the beer Bodhi from Columbus Brewing Company. They plan to name their first dog after it.
- Ryan’s favorite meal that Jess makes is brussels sprouts. Not as a side dish but as a meal.
- Before Jess and Ryan started dating they grabbed coffee after a race…for over 2 hours. They could not stop talking and neither one wanted to leave.
- Jess and Ryan are known for being “freeze babies”.
- Whenever Jess and Ryan try to plan something on a weekend, the first thing they think of is, “wait…is there a race that weekend?”
- When they were dating, Ryan played and sang “Love your love the most” by Eric Church on guitar for her.
- Ryan hated chocolate cake…until he had Jess’s. Ryan will eat almost anything Jess makes.
- Ryan had the ring for about 3 weeks before he proposed. Waiting any longer was not an option.
- Ryan felt summer would be the earliest “socially acceptable” time to propose to Jess; he did so on June 2nd, 2012.
- Ryan kept the ring at his parents house for 3 weeks; he knew that if he kept it in his possession, he would propose immediately.
- Jess and Ryan are both Boston Marathoners.
- Jess and Ryan met at a race in 2009.
- Jess’s mom and Ryan are both high school math teachers.
- Jess loves to snack on marshmallows. Ryan originally thought this was weird but Jess has caught him snacking on them as well.
- Ryan and Jess decided early on what their first dance song would be after attending a Brad Paisley concert. However, a few months before the wedding they changed it to a different song.
- Ryan never wore a helmet while riding a bike until Jess put her foot down and made him. Related: Jess had a bad bike crash in 2010…she WAS wearing a helmet.
- Ryan has turned Jess into a craft beer fan. Jess will deny it but she is a fan of anything from stouts to barley wines to IPA’s to sours to Belgian tripels to…you get the idea.
|Jess and Ryan both dislike Tomatoes|
|Jess and Ryan are obsessed with anything pumpkin flavored.|
|Love to run but you already knew that.|
|Between the 2 of them they have completed 16 marathons (18 if we both run Spring Marathons)|
|Jess and Ryan’s first date happened because of a pumpkin taco special that they both wanted at Deagan’s.|
|Jess and Ryan both play musical instruments. Good luck guessing which ones.|
|On Jess and Ryan’s 1st date, Jess had no idea that Ryan texted the owner & asked for a romantic window table.|
|Ryan has a box of Ghostbusters in the basement. Jess has a box of my little ponies…and several boxes of barbies.|
|Ryan and Jess both love buffalo chicken everything. This is how Jess tricked Ryan into thinking she can cook.|
|Ryan hates to fly over water but are going to honeymoon in the Bahamas anyways.|