When I first started wedding planning, I had a few wedding nightmares and assumed it was because I had so much to get done. I dreamt that:
- I never got my dress fitted. I had to walk around holding up my dress so that it didn’t fall down (and it fell down a lot in my dream). Also it was too long so everyone kept stepping on it.
- I never got flowers to decorate the hall. In my dream I figured we’d just have someone stop at a floral shop and wing it. Then I realized I didn’t have flowers for a bouquet or boutineers for church either.
- Never sent out invitations. Somehow people showed up though.
After I got some planning out of the way, the dreams subsided. However, lately, wedding planning has been a little stressful (mostly due to our priest) and now I’m having nightmares again.
- Dreamt I went on my honeymoon with my Mom instead of my fiance. Actually, that wasn’t too bad, just weird.
- Dreamt I didn’t do a hair and make up trial so I didn’t know how I wanted my hair on my wedding day.
- Last night, I dreamt that no one showed up 😦 The ceremony was such a whirlwind that I couldn’t remember who was there and who was not. Once at the reception, I realized that half the bridal party wasn’t there. Only about 17 people showed up to the reception. I kept waiting, thinking people were fashionably late but after 2 hours, I realized they weren’t coming. It was really sad. Apparently, something happened and an untrue rumor was spread so people boycotted my wedding 😦
I’d say last night’s dream was probably the worst one yet. I’ve been thinking about it ever since. Surprised I am having so many lately, especially since I got a lot done this weekend and will be crossing a lot off my list this whole month.
Anyone else experience this? I have marathon nightmares when I get close to a race too (forgot shoes, didn’t know when the race started etc)