For my birthday this year (way back in October) I received the incredible gift of a Jawbone. No not the one on your face but one you wear on your wrist.
I saw these in a magazine over the summer and thought they were so cool and sleek looking. Little did I know that, showing my husband how cool they are, would mean I’d get one for my birthday months later!
Oh what do they do? Well, basically it’s like a really fancy pedometer. EXCEPT, it tracks all of your steps for the day, you can track food with it, log other workouts besides steps, you can sync it to your iphone, connect it to apps, customize it to vibrate when you’ve been idle, set it to track your sleep and set it to wake you up in the morning.
If you are worried you’ll sleep through the alarms, you won’t. You will wake up the person next to you though. Sorry Ryan!
slighly majorly obsessed with this product. I have no problems wearing it, easy to take on and off, no clips or clasps like a watch. It is never at risk to fall off either. It sits perfectly on your wrist. It’s water proof so I don’t have to take it off, although I do take it off to shower to to go to the pool
- Long battery life. Can go 10 days before needing to be charged. I charge mine once a week for 1 hour.
- Can get it wet
- Easy to take on and off
- Plugs directly into your iphone!
- Syncs to My Fitness Pal, Run Keeper and many other apps!
- Tracks sleep and wakes you up
- Makes you move more with the idle alerts
- Makes you move more with being excited to see your stats
- You can set goals like to drink a certain amount of water, it will even remind you throughout the day.
- It doesn’t tell time. This is confusing for me because I wear it on my wrist so I feel like it should. However, I guess this makes it easier to disguise if you wear it with bangle bracelet’s.
Anyone have a Jawbone Up? FitBit? Nike FuelBand? All great ways to track and keep your fitness goals motivating.
Have you donated to Jordan’s Family Foundation yet? You can do so here! We have this CRAZY goal to raise $500 in 5 days and that is today (We need$23 to meet that)! Don’t worry though we’ll be fundraising through the end of May.
Not ready to donate yet but still want to help, I’m working on a virtual blogger bake sale. Let me know if you want to help (you don’t have to be local and you don’t have to be a blogger)!!!! Email me at email@example.com Yes, I haven’t changed my email yet.